5 Tips to Help You Start DreamBuilding💡
Summer Solstice!, we're already 6 (almost 7) months into the year!! You’ve either 1) already began diving deep into your dreams or 2) have spent 6 months thinking about all the amazing things you wanna do. I was once a number #2 and now a consistent number #1. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Let’s tackle a few ways you can Dream Bigger and really figure out what it is you need to do to be able to do what you wanna do. Read that back slowly.
1. Get Connected. Are you connected with the right folk. Meaning, are you the only “Aspiring” person within your circle? If so, you need to seek out some new circles now! Begin with finding a supporting Facebook group that applies to your niche. Join and connect with some people, take the leap! Get you a squad of like-minded people because trust me they’re out there. I've found a few.
2. Get Hip. Have you done some preliminary research on your market? I recently heard someone say they wanted to start a bookclub business. The response to that was “Why?, "Do you wanna start it because you wish you were a member of something as such, do you feel there is a real need for it, or do you think that’d be fun?" Those probing questions will help you. You have to research your niche, your potential competitors and your Why! Get hip to your idea and know the in's and out's of it.
3. Get Some Help. So there is absolutely nothing that is out of your reach sis! I promise. If you wanna start a company, you can. If you’d like to quit your job, you can. Wanna hop on a plane and see the world, you can. You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)! What you cannot do, is any of those things without being the best you. I preach about this all the time but make the investment and allow someone who has walked that path to equip you to do the same. Invest in some dreambuilding coaching (shameless plug), or take a discovery master class or webinar. Get out there and continually develop yourself. There are tons of free and paid resources that will get you on track. I continually pour into myself.
4. Get Yourself Together. Speaking of developing yourself, don’t forget about caring for yourself. Indulge in self care. Take care of your body, mind and spirit. Feed those things so that they’re good to you. Take some YOU time and feel good. Check out “Why Self-Care Goes Beyond Mani’s & Pedi’s” for a laundry list of things to do. I encourage you to start now.
5. Get Your Goals In Order. Ok, what you gone do? I mean are you gonna create a timeline for the aforementioned items or would you like to set a deadline to have your engine started? It’s your choice! If you’d like to begin creating an action sheet that will track your progress then let’s do that. If you’d rather just jump right in (cold turkey like myself), then go for it. You have to begin with a start. By August we need to be long gone from this list and at bare minimum implementing all 5 things. If you need any help, any tools or resources, I’m here for you. Now go out and soar.
Until next time,
Peace & Sweet Dreaming,
Kiylise Crutchfield, Chief Dream Engineer